For business owners, the responsibilities of sponsoring a company retirement plan can be complex and the duty of acting exclusively in the best interest of your employees can prove burdensome.
Our aim is to simplify the process, ensure value for plan costs, minimize sponsor fiduciary exposure and maximize the participant experieince and outcome.
We believe a successful retirement plan has 3 fundamental ingredients: Good Governance, Efficient Investments and Appropriate Education.
Plan Design and Provider Services
Whether you’re just interested in developing a participant education program or you need all-inclusive advisory services, Retirement Plan Advisors offers a level of customization that allows for flexibility. Our clients hire us for a combination of or all the services listed below.
It is your responsibility to understand plan costs and judge them to be reasonable for the services provided. We will:
- Create a benchmark report that evaluates fees, plan design and participant success measures
Your fiduciary responsibilities include managing the operation of the plan. We will provide:
- Investment Policy Statement;
- Quarterly review documents;
- Department of Labor and IRS updates that concern your plan
Fund Evaluation and Selection
As a plan fiduciary, you are also responsible for selecting an appropriate range of investment options for your employees. We will:
- Analyze the investment behavior of your plan’s participants;
- Help ensure diversification of styles within each investment category;
- Assist in the final selection of investment options;
- Provide ongoing evaluation of the plan’s investment offerings
Employee Education and Communication
The success of your plan hinges on the level of employee participation. A well-constructed communications strategy can help you meet certain 404(c) requirements while encouraging participants to enroll in and get the most of out your retirement plan. We will customize a strategy that:
- Helps employees understand the benefits of their plan;
- Helps employees develop appropriate asset allocation strategies;
- Seeks to maximize employee participation and increase their contributions;
- Offers ongoing education about retirement planning and individual participant tracking;
Enrollment meetings provide the opportunity to maximize participation by educating and raising the awareness of your employees about the plan and how they can use it to pursue their retirement investing goals. We focus on this effort by coordinating and conducting the enrollment meetings and, if appropriate, secure the involvement of your service provider.